JIANG Fan, research assistant professor of Center for Higher Education Research at Southern University of Science and Technology. He received his Ph.D. in Public Administration from the Graduate School of Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2019. His research is broadly concerned with science of science, scientomrtrics, research evaluation, research policy, scientific elites, and academic mobility. His studies were published in core journals including Scientometrics and Journal of Higher Education. He has also translated and edited several books on evaluation of first-class universities and career development of young faculties.
1. Fan Jiang & Nian Cai Liu. (2020). New wine in old bottles? Examining Institutional Hierarchy in Laureate Mobility Networks, 1900–2017, Scientometrics, 125(2), 1291-1304. (presented at ISSI 2019, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
2. Jinyuan Ma & Fan Jiang, et, al. (2020). Patterns of the Network of Cross-Border University Research Collaboration in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area. Sustainability, 12: 6846.
3. Fan Jiang & Nian Cai Liu. (2018). The Hierarchical Status of International Academic Awards in Social Sciences, Scientometrics, 117(3): 2091-2115.
4. Fan Jiang. (2018). Award Impact Assessment Based on PageRank Algorithm and Citation Analysis, Journal of Intelligence, 37(6): 113-118. (in Chinese)
5. Fan Jiang & Zengyuan Ren. (2014). Bibliometric Analysis of Research Progress and Development Tendency of Educational Technology in China, Chongqing Higher Education Research, 2(1): 105-112. (in Chinese)
6. Junfang Zhao & Fan Jiang. (2014). Knowledge Mapping Analysis on Hotspots, Trends and Theoretical Basis of Chinese University System Research, Journal of Higher Education, 35(9): 16-25. (in Chinese)
7. Junfang Zhao & Fan Jiang. (2014). Bibliometric Analysis and Visualization of Modern University Education Research, University Education Science, 12(1): 115-123. (in Chinese)
8. Zengyuan Ren & Fan Jiang. (2014). Assumptions about Human Nature and the Research Evaluation System in Higher Education. Jiangsu Higher Education, 40(2): 50-53. (in Chinese)
Book and Reports:
1. Fan Jiang & Qi Wang (Translation). Young Faculty in the Twenty-First Century: International Perspectives. (Edited by Maria Yudkevich, Philip G. Altbach & Laura E. Rumbley). Shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, 2017.
2. Junfang Zhao & Fan Jiang. Report on the Development of Core Competency of “Project 985” Universities. Changchun: Jilin University Press, 2014. (in Chinese)
3. Junfang Zhao & Fan Jiang. Report on the Development of Core Competency of Top Universities in China, U.S. and E.U. Changchun: Jilin University Press, 2013. (in Chinese)
1. PI: “Linking university and industry: Cross-sectoral research collaboration and knowledge spillovers of scientific elites”, National Social Science Fund of China, 2020–2023.
2. PI: “The impact of international mobility on career trajectories of scientific elites”, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation,2020–2022.
3. PI: “Research on the establishment of a scientific award with global influence in Shenzhen”, Shenzhen Municipal Government, 2020–2021.
4. PI: “Modeling the cross-sectoral research collaboration patterns of scientific elites”, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 2020–2021.
5. Participant: “Performance evaluation of and promoting mechanism for the ‘Double World-Class Project’ in China”, Ministry of Education, 2019–2020. PI: Nian Cai LIU
6. Participant: Comparative Study of Young Faculty’s Academic Career in BRICS Countries, National Social Science Fund of China, 2016–2019. PI: Qi WANG
Awards and Scholarships
1. Shanghai Jiao Tong University International Conference Travel Award, 2019
2. Shanghai Educational Development Foundation Scholarship, 2018
3. Shanghai Jiao Tong University Excellent Student Scholarship, 2016
4. Jilin University Outstanding Graduate Dissertation Award (Rank 1/22), 2015
5. Jilin University First-class Graduate Scholarship, 2014